Mindfulness Teacher - someone who teaches 8-week Mindfulness courses.
Mindfulness Trainer - someone who teaches people to be Mindfulness Teachers.
Mindfulness Supervisor - someone who supervises Mindfulness teachers and practitioners.
Mindfulness Trainer of Trainers - someone who trains others to become a Mindfulness Trainer.
Prospective Mindfulness Teachers will have:
- a professionalqualification relevant to the client group(s) they will be teaching.
- completed an 8-week Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy or Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course
- at least one year of ongoing daily personal practice
o personal practice means, ideally, a formal practice of ½ hour, 6 days per week (or more), or a minimum of 20 minutes at least 4 days per week.
- regular support/supervision
It is recommended that prospective Mindfulness Teachers attend a residential training to deepen practice both before attending a Teacher Development Training and regularly thereafter.
Mindfulness Teachers will have:
- all the requirements of a Prospective Mindfulness Teacher
- attended a Teacher Development Training
- an ongoing daily personal practice
- continuing professional development, including keeping up to date with the research and other literature.
Mindfulness Trainers will :
- have all the requirements of a Mindfulness Teacher
- attend at least one residential training to deepen practice annually
- have taught at least 9 Mindfulness courses - at least 5 of those being with patients or the client group with whom they work.
- participated inteaching a 4-day Teacher Development Training alongside a Trainer of Trainers.
Mindfulness Supervisors will have:
- all the requirements of a Mindfulness Teacher
- have taught at least 9 Mindfulness courses – at least 5 of those being with patients
- fulfilled the supervision requirements of their own profession
- preferably attended the Mindfulness Specialist Supervision 2-day course.
A Mindfulness Supervisor may also be a Mindfulness Trainer and, if so, will have the completed the requirements to be so.
Mindfulness Trainer of Trainers will have:
- fulfilled the requirements of Mindfulness Teachers, Supervisors and Trainers
- taught at least 3 Teacher Development 4-Day Courses.